Cheap, easy, and makes a ton! I know this is going to be even better next time, because it was delicious even without the thyme and a mediocre sausage.
1. Halve the sausage to 1/2 lb, increase the beans to 3/4 lb.
2. Salt the beans while you’re soaking them.
3. Use spicy Italian sausage, casings removed. Add in some chipotle peppers, since even with 1lb of sausage it wasn’t that spicy.
4. Use paper towels to skim off the fat the goes to the top after cooking–it’s kind of gross.
5. It took around 15 minutes for the pressure cooker to reach pressure, for a total of nearly 30 mins of pressure cooking time. Then a slow release of 20 minutes.