So tasty! Made these for the first time for Thanksgiving. They are a little high maintenance, but worth the effort for a special occasion.
- Less butter, more peanut butter. When I first tasted the PB filling, it tasted way more like butter.
- Add some salt. I love a good salty sweet combo, and adding a couple of pinches of salt made these turn out really tasty.
- Freeze, not refrigerate, the peanut butter balls before dipping in chocolate.
- Use a toothpick to dip, then leave a little of the top exposed so they have a little “eye,” and are true Buckeyes. The recipe I followed did not have this in the instructions, but it makes the dipping process a lot easier if you don’t have to roll the entire ball around in the chocolate to get it completely coated.
- I ended up with a decent amount of leftover chocolate. Next time, I’d use a much smaller bowl (like the littlest pyrex tupperware containers I own) and start with enough chocolate to fill the bowl, then add as needed.