Comfort food! Loved this dish.
1. I added in some frozen peas to up nutrition. Might also think about roasted (de-skinned) squash.
2. Halved the butter and would take it down even more next time. With all of the cheese sauce, I don’t think it adds that much to have a ton of butter too.
3. I didn’t have nearly enough cheese, but it still turned out delicious.
4. I didn’t have American cheese, which probably melts better when cubed then cheddar. Make sure to shred cheeses other than American.
5. I followed some of the comments and added less cornstarch (a heaping half teaspoon).