Finally, I tried this recipe! And I’m so glad I did (I used the version in The Kitchen Counter Cooking School). So easy and delicious! I think this could become a habit if I made the dough on a weeknight, then baked on the weekend.
1. You need the metal big bowl to mix together the dough.
2. 1.5 tbsp of yeast is a lot. I think I used over two packets.
3. Try up to one more cup of whole wheat flour (I used two this time).
4. The dough freezes well. I already made a loaf from frozen dough. Just let it thaw to room temp, then start the second rise.
5. Try some rosemary or other hearty herbs in the warm water at the beginning (see first few paragraphs of recipe).