Wow, this was delicious! I will definitely make it again. Could be an appetizer, side or main dish. I kept thinking what other veggies this would be good with, and I came up with nothing. I think potatoes would be too heavy, carrots too sweet. I’ll keep thinking.
A few notes:
1. More cauliflower! I didn’t pay too much attention to whether the cauliflower I bought was 3 lbs per the recipe, but it seemed fairly normal sized. But there was not enough cauliflower. I’d do two heads next time.
2. Roasting time. I like my vegetables really caramelized, so I roasted the cauliflower for 40 minutes instead of 20 and the flavor was excellent.
3. Had no currants. Substituted with dried cranberries. Yum.
4. Make it a meal. Any grain could make this a meal. I used couscous, but other grains would worked well too (quinoa, wild rice might be good options).
5. How to cut cauliflower. Quarter it, then cut off the inner stalk that connect all the florets together. I might cut them a little smaller next time, halve or quarter the larger individual florets.