Yum! I’d definitely make this again with a few modifications. Here’s what worked and what I’d do differently. Also, it took me around 45 minutes since I had to cook the tofu and sliver the carrots. Should go a little faster next time since I’ll know what I’m doing a little better.
1. Frying the tofu (instead of having it raw…ew). I fried chunks in peanut oil over high heat with a little bit of salt and garlic powder. Delicious!
2. Don’t forget salt in the sauce if you’re using unsalted peanut butter. I remembered this time, but I could easily see myself forgetting in the future.
3. I added slivered carrots (per suggestion) which were tasty and added a bit of color.
What I’d Try Next Time:
1. Proportions: fewer noodles, less sauce, more veggies. It’s pretty saucy.
2. Follow soba noodle package directions carefully. They came out fine, but I misread the directions and added cold water before the noodles came to a boil again.
Other Veggie Ideas:
Fresh broccoli, fresh or frozen peas, maybe some cabbage?
Recipe from 101 Cookbooks.